The Board has implemented a work order procedure to improve the efficiency of the maintenance staff and the cleanliness of the building and to maintain more regular maintenance and cleaning schedules. Not only will this procedure help with all of the above, but it will also reduce confusion and help to insure that important maintenance or cleaning items will not be missed.
- All non-emergency requests must be made through the Management Office during normal office hours.
- Work orders must be written and will be responded to on a first-come first-served basis as time is available between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM,Monday through Friday, unless it is an emergency.
- Non–common element (within the unit) repairs will be billed at the prevailing hourly rate.
- The maintenance staff is prohibited from responding to any verbal work requests, except in the case of emergencies.
- The staff will approve and respond to emergency work orders and have been instructed to use the following guidelines: For the purpose of this policy, emergencies are defined as fire, flood, sewer & sink back-up, loss of heat or cooling, and the risk of personal injury.
- Every emergency call will result in a detailed service request, which will be reviewed by management the next business day.
- Any work order that, upon review, is determined not to have been an emergency or where the unit owner insisted upon work being done in the evening or on the weekend, will be subject to a $100 surcharge.