To RESET your aqua-thermostat to SUMMER MODE:
1. Turn your thermostat all the way up to 90°. Leave it there for five minutes.
2. After five minutes turn it all the way down to 50°.
3. After five minutes turn the dial to the desired temperature.
Troubleshooting Tips to check before calling maintenance
The following tips will help keep your apartment cooler during the summer:
- Make sure that during the hours the sun hits your apartment the blinds are closed and the curtains are drawn.
- Make sure your HVAC filter is clean to allow better air circulation.
- Never keep your windows open while your air conditioning is running.
- For more electricity efficiency, never shut off your HVAC fan.
- Unplug unused appliances and items that use electricity, as they can give off heat.
- Keep unnecessary lights turned off. Replacing incandescent light bulbs with compact florescent light bulbs (CFLs), which burn much cooler, will keep your room cooler.
If the water alarm inside your HVAC unit sounds:
- If your HVAC fan has been turned off, moisture can accumulate inside your HVAC unit, causing the water alarm to sound prematurely.
- Turn on your fan and the water alarm should cease sounding.
- If the alarm continues to sound after 5 minutes(after you run your HVAC fan), then you probably have a water overflow from your condensation drip pan.
- Immediately contact the management office during normal business hours or the doorman after hours
The Association changes the filters for you each Spring and Fall, but you may request your filters be changed at any time of the year for a nominal fee for parts and labor.