345 FULLERTON PARKWAY GARAGE OPERATED BY STANDARD PARKING
SECTION I – GENERAL INFORMATION
- The 345 Fullerton Parkway Condominium Garage is managed by Standard Parking as an independent contractor. The garage manager and attendants are employees of Standard Parking.
- Anyone who wishes to communicate with the garage management can do so most effectively by writing to:
Operators of: 345 Fullerton Parkway Condominium Garage
900 North Michigan Ave, Suite 1600
Chicago, Illinois 60611-6539
SECTION II – GENERAL RULES
- The garage of 345 Fullerton Parkway Condominium Association shall be managed by a garage management company contracted by the condominium Association as an independent contractor. The garage manager and attendants will be employees of the independent contractor.
- Only garage employees may have access to and operate garage equipment.
- Insurance regulations prohibit valet parking residents, non-residents and guests from driving, parking or retrieving any cars – including their own car.
- Parkers assume all liability for damage to vehicles while being driven by anyone other than a garage employee.
- A limited number of non-residents may park their cars on a monthly rental basis. Non-residents’ parking privileges may be canceled (upon 30 days’ notice) to accommodate resident parkers. Non-resident parkers shall post a security deposit in an amount equal to two months’ parking fees with Standard Parking.
- ANY CAR NOT DISPLAYING A CURRENT 345 DECAL WILL BE CHARGED HOURLY PARKING RATES.
- Monthly parking privileges are not transferable to other persons at any time. A monthly parker may not allow anyone to “use his space” when his car is not in the garage.
- Parking is not permitted in such a way as to block or hinder the movement of other cars.
- Persons observing faulty garage equipment are asked to notify the garage manager immediately.
- Residents may pay for their guests’ parking fees by affixing a coupon to the garage claim check. Only cash or coupons will be accepted as payment for guest parking. Coupons must be presented before the car is retrieved. (See Section V – Coupon Program)
- Parking will not be permitted on the ramp, driveways, or near the building side entrance doors even for a “few moments.”
- Carts are available by the doorman station to facilitate loading and unloading of bulky items. Please return the cart as soon as you are finished so it will be available for the next person.
- Certain sizes and types of vehicles may be denied access to the garage if they cannot be safely parked, or if they take up more room than a normal vehicle. Stall sizes vary. Maximum height = 6′-6″; length = 18′; width = 6′-6″ (NO trucks, limos, or oversized SUVs or vans).
- If the garage manager determines a vehicle is unsafe to drive in the garage (e.g., bad brakes, no horn, no lights), that vehicle will be so tagged and will not be permitted into the garage until all safety defects are corrected.
- No commercial vehicles will be parked in the garage (e.g., taxi cabs, limos, etc.).
- NO SMOKING is allowed anywhere within the garages.
SECTION III – REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR MONTHLY PARKERS
- Residents are entitled to contract to park one car per unit on a monthly basis. Unlimited in-out privileges are granted to monthly parkers.
- Cars must be registered in the name and address of the resident. (An exception might be made for a student’s car registered in a parent’s name.) Renters must have unit owner’s authorization to park in the garage and may park only one vehicle in the garage. The unit owner is ultimately responsible for paying all parking charges on a timely basis.
- Additional car(s) may be parked in the garage on a monthly basis as space is available.
- Application forms are available in the garage office. Completed applications should be returned to the garage manager, along with payment for the first month’s parking charges made payable to 345 Fullerton Garage.
- The garage manager will process the application within 48 hours and notify the resident of approval and the assigned location if it is for self-park. A 345 decal indicating the assigned location will be issued.
- Only the garage manager may assign or change the parking location of a registered car. Garage attendants are specifically prohibited from doing this, and any assignment or change made by them is invalid.
- It is the responsibility of the monthly parker to notify the garage manager, in writing, of any change in a car or the temporary use of a loaner or substitute car, if the registered car is being repaired, etc. Otherwise, cars not displaying a current 345 decal will be charged hourly parking rates.
- Decals must be returned when a car is sold or traded, or monthly parking is canceled.
- Parking privileges of any parker who is delinquent in the payment of his accounts for two (2) months or more will be immediately revoked. In addition, collection procedures may be instituted.
SECTION IV – MONTHLY PARKING CANCELLATION PROCEDURES
- To cancel, the parker must sign a “cancellation form” with garage management thirty (30) days prior to the date of cancellation.
- The vehicle decal must be returned to the garage manager at the end of the contract term.
- Refusal to comply with either #1 or #2 will result in a “No Cancellation.” This means the parker will continue to be responsible for monthly parking assessments until proper cancellation notice is given.
SECTION V – GUEST PARKING COUPON PROGRAM
- Coupons for residents who wish to pay for their guests’ parking fees are available for purchase in the garage. Coupons must be paid for at the time of purchase. They are available only in sheets of ten (10).
- Guests’ parking fees may be paid by affixing the appropriate coupon(s) to the garage claim check BEFORE the car is retrieved.
- There are no in-and-out privileges for guest or transient parkers.
- The arrival time will be stamped on the claim check so that the length of stay may be calculated and the appropriate amount of coupons applied. In those instances where the length of stay exceeds the value of the coupon(s), the guest will be charged for the difference at hourly guest rates.
- Please refer to the current rate schedule for coupon prices and hourly rates.
SECTION VI – VALET PARKING PROCEDURES
- Valet parking residents, non-residents, and guests are not permitted to drive, park or retrieve their cars at any time.
- Under the valet parking system, only garage attendants may drive, park and retrieve cars. Damage claims will not be honored for any valet parker who has parked or retrieved his own car.
- Except during late night and early morning hours, the overhead door will open automatically for entry. Pull forward and stay to the right so as not to disrupt traffic flow. Please leave only the ignition key in the car.
- To retrieve your vehicle, call ahead (773-477-9930 Ext. #4) or sign up on the Vehicle Sign-Up Board in the valet garage. Inform the attendant your make, model, color, and 345 decal number.
- The garage door will open for exiting only when activated by a garage attendant. Nonemployees are not permitted to activate the door-opening switch. The cooperation of all garage customers is required to help maintain garage security.
- Valet parkers must realize that sometimes a car may be less easily accessible and, as a consequence, will take a little longer to be delivered. We ask your patience.
SECTION VII – SELF-PARKING PROCEDURES
- Self-parking of cars is permitted only by persons authorized to park in a self-parking space.
- Self-park stalls are available only to building residents who are current (and remain current) in payment of monthly building assessments. Only one self-park stall is allowed per unit.
- NEITHER THE GARAGE MANAGEMENT NOR THE CONDOMINIUM BOARD OF DIRECTORS WILL HONOR DAMAGE CLAIMS FOR SELF-PARKED CARS.
- Self-parkers are not permitted to park their cars in other than their assigned space.
- Residents may not obstruct access to a self-park space when their car is not in the garage by means of cones, etc. Storage of any items in a self-park space is not permitted.
- Residents who wish to apply for a self-parking space should notify the garage manager.
- The names of such applicants will be placed at the bottom of the self-park waiting list, indicating the date such application is made. This list will be maintained by the garage manager and is available on the garage office bulletin board for inspection.
- When a self-parking space becomes available, the garage manager will contact the person whose name appears at the top of the list. If the space is desired, the person must advise the garage manager within three (3) days. The garage manager will assign the specific location, depending upon the size of the car. Parking in any other location will result in loss of self-parking privileges.
- If a person refuses a particular self-park stall, he can still maintain his position on the list and wait for another stall. Waiting list placement is lost after two refusals.
- From time to time, it may be necessary for a self-parker to be assigned a space in an alternate location. When such a transfer is necessary, the garage manager will notify the car owner of the situation and the new space assignment. An example of such a situation might be when a car owner purchases a new car of a different size.
- Parking on ramps or in aisles will not be permitted and will result in loss of self-parking privileges.
- Safety requires that all self-parkers drive cautiously. Lights must be on when driving in the garage.
- When a resident either sells their unit or moves out of the building, self-parking privileges expire and the space will be assigned to another resident.
- SELF-PARKING SPACES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- No attendant will park a car in a self-parking space.
SECTION VIII – DAMAGE CLAIMS (FOR VALET PARKING RESIDENTS ONLY)
- If a car is damaged in the garage, the garage manager (or, if he is not available, a garage attendant) must be notified of this fact before leaving the garage. It is imperative that the claim report is filed IMMEDIATELY by the owner or driver of the car. CLAIM REPORTS FOR DAMAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS COMPLETED BEFORE THE CAR IS DRIVEN FROM THE GARAGE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. Please take the time to walk completely around your car upon parking or before leaving the garage.
- Because they can happen anywhere, we cannot be responsible for door nicks, dings, scrapes and dents on colored bumpers or bumper strips, and similar damage. We also cannot be responsible for mechanical damages or failure, or for any damage resulting from battery charging, tire inflation or other garage services provided at no cost.
SECTION IX – VIOLATION OF RULES AND ENFORCEMENT
- Violations of the rules include:
- Driving a car without lights, brakes, horn, or in any other unsafe conditions.
- Ignoring posted garage signs.
- Driving too fast.
- Parking of unauthorized cars in the garage.
- Unauthorized use of garage equipment.
- Parking self-park cars in an unauthorized space.
- Parking or retrieving cars in the valet parking area.
- Inflicting damage to cars and/or garage equipment or property.
- Supplying fraudulent information on an application form or damage claim form.
- Delinquency of 60 days in payment of garage fees.
- Abusive behavior towards garage personnel or fellow parkers.
- Any vehicle leaking fluids will be issued two notification warnings. The first warning can be in verbal or written form. The second warning will be in written form and will accompany a service fee of $60.00 per hour, per man, for the cleaning of the garage floor.
- Anyone violating garage parking rules may be subject to the cancellation of parking privileges. As a rule, repeated violation of garage rules will result in revocation of parking privileges. However, in cases involving safety of or danger to personnel or fellow parkers and in cases involving fraud or dishonesty, the parking privileges may be revoked immediately.
- Garage customers should not discuss employee relations, garage policy or procedures with garage attendants.
- Enforcement of Rules – Any or all garage privileges may be suspended or revoked by the garage manager or condominium association. All grievances regarding suspension, revocation or otherwise arising from use of the garage shall be handled through the property manager’s office. Association grievance procedures apply.
SECTION X – MONTHLY PARKING AUTOMATIC PAYMENT
Monthly parkers who wish to sign up for Automatic Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) should request the application form from the garage manager or download it from the Association website: www.345fullerton.com.