REMINDER: All Christmas tree deliveries must be transported in Elevator Number 1 in the East Tower or Elevator Number 4 in the West Tower.
AFTER THE HOLIDAYS, please contact the Management Office or the Doorman to request a Tree Pick-up. The 345 Staff will remove your tree from your apartment by wrapping it in a drop cloth to keep the needles from trailing all over the complex. There is no fee for this service. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Live Christmas Tree Safety Reminders:
A fire on any day seems bad, but a fire on Christmas seems to be the worst. Some 300 Christmas trees caught fire in one recent year, with electrical problems the most common culprit. Here’s how to keep your tree green and your presents safe.
- When you buy your tree, have the vendor make a fresh cut an inch from the bottom; this will help the tree drink.
- Make sure your lights are safe. Discard any strings of lights that are frayed or broken. Christmas lights are cheap.
- Don’t use electric lights on a metal tree.
- Unplug your Christmas tree before you leave or go to bed.
- Don’t buy a tree that is dry and dropping needles. To check for freshness, loosely grip the end of a branch and pull your hand over it. Only a few needles should fall off.
- Make sure your tree stand holds plenty of water, and don’t let it run out.
- If your tree seems wobbly, center it in the stand more securely and redo the bolts or screws. If your tree stand is cheap, buy a larger, stronger one.
- If you buy an artificial tree, make sure it is fire retardant.
- Try to position it near an outlet so that cords are not running long distances.
- Do not place the tree where it may block exits.
- When Christmas is over, dispose of it. Don’t leave it in your unit.
- Keep a close eye on small children when they are around the tree. Many small decorations and ornaments are sharp or breakable and can be swallowed.
Holiday Tips for Recycling:
- Please DO NOT RECYCLE Holiday Wrapping Paper or tissue paper. Bag it up and send it down the Trash Chute.
- Please DO NOT LEAVE Wine Bottles (or any bottles, jars or cans) in the Trash Chute Rooms. Deposit them in the Blue Bins in the basement.
- Even though they are paper products, please DEPOSIT milk, juice and Egg Nog Cartons with the bottles, jars and cans in the basement, not in the Trash Chute Rooms (where they might smell and attract bugs).
- Please RINSE OUT all containers deposited for recycling.